Beyond Greed

Basic Bliss | Togo Smials' LiveJournal | MozDawg DAV | CityZen

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true."
                Demosthenes

Anchor for this item  posted April 23, 2003 at 11:52 p.m. MDT

Open Letter
SecState Colin L. Powell

Sir:

I know for a fact that you are no "ChickenHawk". You do not know, but can establish as a fact, that I trained infantry and then airborne and then remustered CommRsch RegForce. I know "decapitation" of command and control so instintively that I knew it then, without having been taught it. I never did receive instruction in, because I abandoned my career. And I abandoned my career because of something that has extended across the intervening three decades to today; we are not facing a crisis of democracy, we are facing a crisis of legitimate leadership.

"It's not the deed, it's the cover-up that kills you." Did you hear that yet another high-flying financier is facing hard time? That's the world we live in: the neo-realists think that a successfull BigLie campaign is the BestThing. Would a SageCommander ever entertain such a thought? (Yes, likely he would ... and then he would on to something more productive.)


0 comments   |  



0 Comments:

 

MailMe

Human need, not corporate greed ... without justice, there can be no peace. That's the meme stringing these items together.



Powered by Blogger